BYOND Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYOND Fairy Tail

For the BYOND(Build Your Own Net Dream) game Fairy Tail by Ryan Hemsley

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Make Sure to Check Staff Things for New updates pertaining information on being a member of the FT team~Mech

voting? what sorcery is this?

Go down 
2 posters

Manifesting vs Branches
Manifesting System
voting? what sorcery is this? Vote_lcap0%voting? what sorcery is this? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Branch System
voting? what sorcery is this? Vote_lcap50%voting? what sorcery is this? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Option suggested
voting? what sorcery is this? Vote_lcap50%voting? what sorcery is this? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

voting? what sorcery is this? Empty
PostSubject: voting? what sorcery is this?   voting? what sorcery is this? EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 11:04 pm

So, while I work on the spells, and combat, and items, and skills.....and finding every bit of code i used for this game....I have a Poll for you guys, yeah, thats right, another poll, Im going to be 'polling' on the byond hub as well, so dont feel like you have to post your opinion here.

Quite Simply, Ive thought of two distinct, yet similar ways to gain spells.

The First is a Manifesting System: Basically, all magics(save Celestial Spirit, Requip, and a few special other magics that would have other requirements) would have a 'Manifest' verb, this would allow them to manifest a part of their magic power in a certain way(be it in your hand, at your foot, in your mouth, ect...) there would also be an 'unleash' verb, in order to quite literally send the magic built up flying from your body. There would also be many spells that could only be learned from various melee attacks. using this manifestation, and the various unleashing of the energy would allow you to learn many of your spells, given good luck, and the smarts to apply it. The manifesting would be weaker however, compared to the spell it self, but it would allow for a bit of flexibility, exact details of how many spells of certain tiers you could learn would be determined later, but there would be a limit for many of the 'tiers'

The Second is the Branching System I mentioned earlier: Basically, each magic would start out with some ability/spell, and you would slowly gain spells based on your own play style, as you would be 'choosing' what spells you learn, and each one would have upgraded versions, and subsequently spells with upgrades of their own to learn. Using a 'decide how you use the spell' to define the Branch you take. This would require a lot more coding and icons, but ultimately would allow for far more differences in the individual magics.

Thirdly we......wait what? We don't have any more options? well, fuck why did you give me a third sheet of paper? Oh, you want them to come up with an idea if they don't like mine? well, why didn't you just write that? That was MY job!?! Fuck You, You're Fired!! *alternate self dissipates*
Well, ok, so it seems I only have two options, but if you guys think of something a tad bit better that wouldn't be a total bitch and a half to code(ET, I know your reading this), Then please post it.
Back to top Go down
https://byondfairytail.rpg-board.net
Erza Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: voting? what sorcery is this?   voting? what sorcery is this? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 12:15 am

Both options sound promising, but what about people like who technically don't branch? I like trying to get everything I realistically can because like Orochimaru I want to learn everything. However I don't feel I have the right to abuse others or kill people, not even dissect corpse in secret etc.. just to maybe learn something. I think maybe the branching system, but with no particular limits aside from you obviously can't learn spells for a magic type you don't possess. lol

But sadly I think this option may prove a bit more challenging than your 2 options, but if it could be made to work the game would be even more awesome. I just wish my coding skills were better so I could help lighten the load on you. Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: voting? what sorcery is this?   voting? what sorcery is this? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 6:38 pm

well....

that could be a slight poke off of the 'Branching system'

But, basically, the branching system is just going to diversify most of the already in place spells into 'styles', it will still be possible to learn other techniques, for example, if you have Fireball, and go for a Larger, Explosive Projectile, see someone with a version that Launches a barrage of projectile, and have Mimic, it should(when I get all the coding for that done...) allow you to 'copy' the technique, even if you don't have the magic for the spell(Mimic is going to be one OP ass passive)
Back to top Go down
https://byondfairytail.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: voting? what sorcery is this?   voting? what sorcery is this? Empty

Back to top Go down

voting? what sorcery is this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BYOND Fairy Tail :: Game news & other game things :: Suggestions and Bug Reports-
Jump to: