BYOND Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYOND Fairy Tail

For the BYOND(Build Your Own Net Dream) game Fairy Tail by Ryan Hemsley

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Make Sure to Check Staff Things for New updates pertaining information on being a member of the FT team~Mech

Mechs Insanity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:54 am

Hey guys, so, Mech here, and your probably expecting....well, actually i have no clue what your expecting, but regardless, i decided to add an update post for you guys to understand where i am with the work currently:

so, to start it off, Ive added Coding for some spell types including:
Transformations
Buffs(Invisibility, Heal)

along with that, I've actually gotten around to iconning/coding some stuff:
Wood-Make(w/ 2 spells)
many new spells for magics already in, including Darkness, Fairy, Fire, Airspace, Static Ice-Make
Lightning Magic(w/ 5 spells)
Beast Soul Take Over(w/ 5 spells)
Animal Soul Take Over(w/ 3 spells)
Tenchi Kaimei(w/ 6 spells)

And on top of that crap ive added some stuff:
Totems(or amulets, holy symbols, w/e you wanna call them, there are going to be Animal Totems, God, and probably Devil Totems)
Shrines(mostly for just all the gods/devils)
Signs(not sure what im doing with that, but im going to work it out eventually)

Ive also added some minor things for spell effects, and been fixing things here and there

which reminds me, Remember that post where i said i was going to give rewards for icons? You still want part of that? well too bad, Im done giving damns and am going to just icon the whole damn thing by myself, if you feel like submitting crap, I don't care anymore, im done pretending like any of you actually care about this game, and that the numbers of people who had offered me help when i didnt need any would actually offer help when i did need some.

edit: hey guys, did some math yesterday, and i just broke even with the number of spells ryan had in. while spell numbers are in the good, numbers of old magics is still very down.

guess im just saying you can expect me to pound out some more magics(mostly slayers, and a couple other things in my list of stuff that was in the game that isnt. meanwhile, ill still add stuff here and there that wasnt in before Wink
Back to top Go down
https://byondfairytail.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:41 pm

little reminder to note, ive worked on quite a few magics, so im editing that list of magics which the iconning of would be greatly appreciated and rewarded, varying on the number of icons inputed:

Shadow
Snow
Wind
Gun
Staff Magic(magic staves w/e)
Embodiment Arc
Gravity
Maguilty Sense
Sound
Lightning, Poison, Shadow, and White Dragon Slayers
any of the current God Slayers(Flame, Lightning, Sky)
Bomb Curse
Calamity Curse
Thorn Curse

anyway, as a reminder, here is the listing for prizes:

every 10 Icons: 1 Month Subscriber
50 Icons: Temporary Moderator
100 Icons: Custom Dragon/God/Devil Magic created by Mech

also, just to note, i am accepting Custom Spells for any magic, however i still am only counting spells that i use

also, little list of who I've used what from:

Sidhe: 14
Catamount: 3
Muix: 1
my own tally: lets just say its somewhere around 230 or so. i kind of lost count though
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Nice Cool though i want to know if snow is still a ton of aoes??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 1:37 am

atm snow has no spells xD

although in anime/manga it has like three AoEs(Blizzard, White Blizzard, and White Out, if i recall)
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Blizzard- When used in a 4x4 area around you a blizzard appears slowing, and debuffing all enemies around you. (Debuffing meaning lowers their damage and defense). the closer they are to the center of the blizzard the more they are debuffed.

White Blizzard- When used anyone in a 5x5 area around you are blinded, and slowed. (Blind lasts for 3 seconds) (Slow lasts the entire time they are in your white blizzard.) All your other magic spells damage increase by 75%. (Cannot use this while Blizzard is up, and cannot use blizzard while this is up, and when white blizzard is over blizzard is set to 5 seconds before  you can use it again)

When used anyone in a 3x3 area around you is instantly hit for your 125% of your mp blinds them for 2 seconds. Can be used while the other blizzards are up. it's an instant skill that turns the 3x3 area around you white for 2 seconds, but the person is only hit if they walk from outside of it into it, and only if they havent been hit before.

Or white out could be like a pulse quickly moving away from you. and if it moves over someone they are hit for the damage.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:44 pm

well, ill figure out details of snow later, im just working mostly on the much needed visual aspects of the magics.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 12:38 am

*sweatdrop* geh, just finished some coding for another spell type, but cant fix the freaking overlay bug, but yeah. Fire Dragons Wing Attack!('charging' spells done, but bugged)
Back to top Go down
Guts

Guts

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:58 pm

Seems like you're over working yourself, I'll be happy to help with anything that I'm capable of, and that would be spriting/iconning and even testing the game to find more bugs

EDIT: I just noticed that this post might make me seem a bit unreliable, but I've been lurking since August.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 12:48 am

ive gone well past 'overworking' myself xD, and asking for help since around june.

btw, that spell type i was having bugs with got fixed the other day, so back to work on more Dragon Slayers, working on Iron DS today, plan to get sky fire and iron ds's mostly iconned/coded by the end of this next week(i have two days off in a row, so ill be able to focus those days, but will have a good head start with so very few spells left to actually icon)

think i just gotta do crimson lotus fire dragons fist, crimson lotus phoenix blade, sword horn, claw(need the base sprite positioning), and fire should be done....

with iron, ive already got lance, and a variation of it(youll see), and a manga only spell(Kunai), so i just need to do scales, club, sword(needs a base sprite positioning), karma demon Iron god sword, karma demon iron spiral, and roar(which ill be probably doing once i get off today)

most of skys spells are buffs(arms, armor, vernier, IIe arms, IIe Armor, IIe Vernier, Dues Corona, Dues Eques, Heal), and besides that i will have all the base icons i need for the spells in sky(crushing fang, claw, wing attack, roar, shattering light sky drill...and an game only one: Sigh)

course, im also lapsing back through other things, like continuous coding on other types of buffs and debuffs, and finishing iconning mobs(mostly for mobs sake, but some are also going to apply towards beast take over), along with spells like sand body, lightning body, water body, and dark ecriture teleport

most of the spells that i just havent gone back through to icon yet either have another base sprite involved, are special spells, or i just dont know how i want them to look

anyway yeah, trooping randomly along, all the above mentioned magics on one of my previous post are of magics i have NOT gotten around to adding to my already growing list of crap to fill my free time with

also, adding turfs with what crappiness i can *may or may not of borrowed from a ds game >.> <.<*
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:48 am

Mech. If you ask i can give you some tech new systematic skill things for spells so it wont seem like you're taking the same thing from one code and adding it to another (looking at the breaths of dragon slayers) I could easily come up with a diffrent thing each breath can do diffrently. I mean like every magic should have its own special uniqueness imo.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 7:35 am

every magic will, i can easily add effects with the snap of my fingers.

right now, Fire obviously burns

and i was thinking (from how i read it...) that Iron would shred :/

as far as sky, idk, didnt really read it that much

lightning and poison really are easy....

and im sure ill think of something for white and shadow

anyway, my point is, every magic does have its own uniqueness, yeah the barebones of the code is the same, but thats because, unlike ryan, i didnt want to write a giant mess of code for each individual spell. does it make all spells of the same type kind of similiar and boring? maybe, but it also saves me time, space, and a headache trying to figure out why one spell wont work, when its coded about the same way as another spell....

anyway, my point is, that unlike ryan, im not silly, i know a few tricks of the trade to keep the game interesting Wink
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Ooo for iron it could get a combo passive.

Like max combo = 8

When you hit someone once the first combo begins and if you hit someone again your damage is increase by 2% and it doubles each time so the next time you hit someone your damage is increase by an additional 4% that is added to the 2%. To balance it the higher the combo the less the time it takes for you to hit someone to achieve the next combo if time runs out you lose all combos.

Hit 1 - normal damage - 15 seconds till combo stops
Hit 2 - +2% damage - 13 seconds till combo stops
Hit 3 - +4% added to the 2% for damage 6% in total - 11 seconds till combo stops
Hit 4 - +8% added to the 6% for 14% in total - 9 seconds till combo ends
Hit 5 - +16% added to the 14% 30% in total - 7 seconds till combo ends
Hit 6 - +32% added to the 30% 62% in total - 5 seconds till combo ends
Hit 7 - +64% added to the 62% 126% in total - 3 seconds till combo ends
Hit 8 - +128% added to the 126% 254% in total - 1 second till combo ends.

Note: lets say i would normally punch for 100 damage well my first punch does 100 second does 102 third does 106 fourth does 114 fifth does 130 sixth does 162 seventh does 226 eight does 354.

Getting to the 8th hit will bring you to max damage but to deal that 254% you have to hit within the span of 1 seconds and if you hit it combo resets anyway but that would be a good idea for a special passive for iron dragon slayer
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:19 pm

so, anyway, pounded out 4 spells for iron dragon slayer, and im going to work on the 'rotation kick' and 'slash' state for the character base, and once those are in, i can add a good number of spells for magics that i got in, and ones that arent in yet(including weapons which ive been putting off due to laziness xD)

charge spells work like a dream, so, im adding whatever spells i have like that(already added Water Jigsaw)

so anyway, going to try to work on mobs this week, as well as the remaining spells that i havent gotten around to for all the magics that are already in(once i finish the 'slash' state, i can do several ice-make melee spells, but the chrage spell has a couple that i need to work on)

so pretty much:

all spells that ive just been too lazy too stubborn to work on due to perfectionism
all spells that are considered 'charge' spells
'slash' base state
spells that involve this state
'rotation kick' state
spells that involve that state
the code for all those special spells ive been too lazy to get around to

little bit of a long list, but i feel that i can get that done
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Mech my birthday is next week what are you getting me? and can you show us charge spells :O? i think we should be the judges of what is considered smooth Smile.

And why did you ignore my combo idea QQ
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:32 pm

1. a box containing dissapointment
2. i mean the code, idc atm how crappy ppl think the spells look, they can suck it(my cock that is)
3.because idc too much about systems ideas that are thought for one magic.

anyway, when i get home tofay i might get a wild hare up my ass and decide you people are worthy of a sneak preak at my work Wink
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:48 pm

QQ No love
But i really meant you should let the players tell you how smooth it is :3.  I mean like some games have their delay type skills but it just doesn't feel right and it ends up being something people never use ever QQ. Like the only time i ever saw people use their ds breath thing that has lame delay was when i was stunned other than that they never used it.
Also the combo idea just doesnt have to be for iron dragon slayer it could be put into your passive idea :3.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:36 pm

Oh and mech what are the weapons you're adding Very Happy? will some of them have like diffrent effects or will we be able to level like our weapon skills and stuff? Oh and we should be able to enchant our weapons ohh and maybe there could be like this quest line to get us a super powerful sword (Re-equip magic gets a diffrent sword its stronger than what normal magic users would get??) andwe could all be whipping each other's arse with swords then maybe i can craft a sword with super strength enhancements, and then give it lvl 5 (dependent on your smithing level max is 5) augmentation
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:59 am

well, i might consider 'combos' later on, but thats not for right now

as far as how smooth the techs are, at the moment, there is no delay between 'saying' the spell and its use, and i think theres a 2/10th of a second delay in movement for the charge spell? basically you move several spaces(dont remember if i have it to a certain number or varying depending on your willpower....) and when you hit someone, youll hit some for multiple times depending on how many of the spaces you moved.

im adding quite a number of weapons, including non-magic ones.

one of the main things on weapons/armor is that you can make them out of any material thats craftable on the anvil, you can then augment that item(weapon, armoir, rings, ect) with an elemental lacrima, which can give the weapon/armor/lacrima spells from the magic the lacrima was made using.

also, weapons and armor have varying amount of lacrima slots, so you can give more effects to the item. there are also going to be bonuses for armor of same material/lacrima type.

also, requip does not have any current bonus effects that normal people do, the only difference is the speed at which they can switch items, and added bonuses for some other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 7:11 am

:O Omg i can't wait gonna go re-equip Very Happy. Fear my re-equip powers mwahahahaha. Though i feel that re-equip should get some special weapons normal users can't have ^.^?

Also will the rings for ring magic be open for everyone to use? or will they still only be for ring magic users QQ?

Also if you're going to add combos i hope you won't use the numbers i put because that would be op af with magics that hit more than once DX. <3.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:33 pm

requip will get some spells, weapon abilities, and weapons but i dont got any particular ideas right now :0

rings are only for ring mages

anyway, got slash and rotation kick states done, ice-make sword, iron dragons sword, iron dragons club, fire dragons sword horn, sky dragons wing attack, sky dragons roar.

today im working on lightning, water, and sand body, along with more sky ds spells, and work on coding for fire dragons claw/sky dragons claw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mechs Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechs Insanity   Mechs Insanity Empty

Back to top Go down

Mechs Insanity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BYOND Fairy Tail :: Game news & other game things :: Updates-
Jump to: