BYOND Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYOND Fairy Tail

For the BYOND(Build Your Own Net Dream) game Fairy Tail by Ryan Hemsley

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Make Sure to Check Staff Things for New updates pertaining information on being a member of the FT team~Mech

Update Information

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Update Information   Update Information EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 5:47 am

as Halloween rears its head, im reminded of sometime in september when i said to myself/ya'll that id try and have it done by now. this was an unfortunate lie.

however, good news and bad news kiddies

Good News: i have a ever decreasing list of spells/magics that im going to working on every day to make this game actually have a sort of update

I also finished coding melee/charge spells so they do damage(i also added in 'area' melees, so i could code in Fire Dragons and Sky Dragons Claw spells.) the rotation kick also looks quite a bit better then it did.

Im also going through about every 5 minutes because i seem to break something while coding xD

and in addition to all this, ive coded in....*counts* 6-7 more spells(i kind of lose track daily now) and have the following remaining:

Spells:
Airspace Eyes
Dark Ecriture: Darkness
Almost all Animal Possession Spells
Darkness: Satanic Blast, Soul Extinction
STO: Satan Soul
BTO: Lizardman, Weretiger
Fairy Wings
Water Body
Sky Dragon Slayer: Shattering Light Sky Drill
Iron Dragon Slayer: Karma Demon Iron Spiral, Karma Demon Iron God Sword, Iron Dragons Scales
Earth: Pillars
Solid Script: Guard, Toxin
Static Ice-Make: Prison, Knuckle, Ice Geyser
almost all of the Dynamic Ice-Make Spells
Human Possession: X Formation, Large X Formation, Flight Formation, and Baryon Formation
Great Tree Arc: Tower Burst

Magics:
Shadow Dragon Slayer
White Dragon Slayer
Poison Dragon Slayer
Lightning Dragon Slayer
Flame God Slayer
Sky God Slayer
Lightning God Slayer
Shadow
Snow
Requip
(i think some others managed to slip my mind...)

but anyway, the list shrinks every time i open my laptop, so if i keep up this rate, combined with my insomnia, i might pump out two more dragon slayers by tonight xD

Now some Bad News:

now, i know how all that looks(fairly decent) but thats just for what i consider a 'rightful update', which is to say, most of the content returned to normal/fixed, plus some new content. it aint even all the content that i need to plow through.

Sadly, there is some content that may get left behind(i can think of a few magics that might not be in the update, but i dont remember what they are xD), along with content i didnt mention like mobs(including exceeds, dragons, & gorians/forest vulcans), and events(ffas, lmses, tournys, ect...) this is basically because(besides the events, which most of just require me to map the game first xD), i havent had time to, because ive been focusing 99.99% of my energy for this project just on the magics/spells.

Hell, i haven't even gotten the gain system FOR spells put in yet, because i havent had the patience, energy, or focus to think of something.

I dont even have any passives in besides the MSP(magic specific passives), the eye passives(stone eyes, figure eyes), and the Skill Passives(Natural Fisher, Miner, Lacrima Crafter, Smith, ect.). So basically, atm if i were to pop the game up, people would be shoved together in my tiny little test area, with most of the same passives, and all their spells xD. oh and most of them would be GMs or E-class Mages xD.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....yeah.....

my predictions for update: well, if i can take some time and focus mainly on the map and gains, i could probably have this shit done by the end of november, problem being that mapping isnt my strong suit...*these are the times i pray someone to just message me 'i could do turfs and map for you mech, if you needed it xD*

also, i guess since at this time theres so little on my todo list for magics/spells, ya'll screwed yourself for most of the fun bonuses, so I've decided to bestow Sidhe with a year of subcriberness, and Temp Moderatorness, since hes pretty much the only one who sent me more the like 5 spells >.>

also, i probably will kill all of you atleast 3 times, 10 if you bring up anything to do with asking me if i need iconners/coders/mappers/hosts/moderators/admins when the games up >.,..,.>

------------------------------------------

Anyway, with all the news out of the way, i have but one last thing to share with you....

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK *randomly throws a cooked Great White at ET*
Back to top Go down
https://byondfairytail.rpg-board.net
Zeref

Zeref

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:18 am

Keep up the good work old friend ^_^
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 9:25 pm

OMG THERE'S GOING TO BE A NEW FISH IN :DDDDDDD?????????

Also mech i have been thinking about bto and i have a bit of ideas though im not sure you will like them.

Kind of like how ice magic is (Static, and motion) Bto should be split into 2 catagories.

Partial Body Take Over
And
Full Body Take Over

With partial body take over you will be able to dual wield meaning you can use more than one arm at the time but it doubles the draw backs.

For full body take overs you gain a nature affinity boost.

Like say if im in were tiger form, and im in a forest i gain a damage boost

If im Lizard thing and im surrounded by nothing but earth (Like in the labyrinth) i get a massive def buff

if im a water thing which has never been added and im near water i gain a attack speed buff if im in water i gain a movement speed buff.

these two diffrent bto will be pretty cool, and possibly annoying af to code, but if i could code i would code them for you <3 sadly i can't and i can only hope you like this idea QQ.

Furher more i applied to be a Moderator :[ you didnt see it D:???

Oh and happy Halloween <3

Will mobs now have their own preset respawning time or is the world going to still be a instant respawn every thing at once? Will there be a lot less mobs but they give more exp as well as have a reduced agro range so people can actually go places without being attacked by like a million exceeds at once? Have you considered having larger cities? If you ask me which you didnt, the cities should have more npcs, and more houses, and be larger with more enter able buildings so you can actually have more npcs give more quests. Buff BTO
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 12:24 am

id rather just make more types of take over(like elfmans beast take over, lisannas animal take over, miras satan take over, ect) with different bonuses then to add a bunch of coding for two types of bto that arent necessary and would only make them indiviudally either suck(partial) or absolutely op(full)

saw it, didnt you read my post before that?
the world will reset all mobs that arent alive/arent event specific.
there will be more types of mobs, and more exp ranges, along with loot.(as far as the whole attacked thing, not all hopes are good)
the cities will have more npcs, and more buildings that you can enter. most npcs will have professions, and mini-quests

BTO is only getting a buff that i feel is necessary
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 6:11 pm

Very Happy These updates sound great ^.^. Still don't want npcs to be spawning in massive numbers randomly when i decide i want to chop down a tree then get surrounded by like a milion exceeds cause some scrub decide they gonna be low lvl and explore then get chased and surrounded y the million exceeds which then surrounds me D:.

Elf man only have a small number of take overs QQ lisana's take overs are scrubbish, and miras take overs have powers that the others doesnt have D:. That would be where my generic skill idea come in to help the other Take overs, but they will be at a terrible disadvantage when the only thing they can do is punch............................................................................................................................ and even then when they punch they will be doing crap damage compared to what those other spammers would do with their super easy mode spells that they can spam constantly dealing 900 dmg >_< then getting near someone without speed buff would be impossibru since all they would try to do is run away knowing all we can do is punch them till they die and that would suck so bad. and even when useless lizard man was given an update it didnt even work almost as if ryan didnt feel bto deserved his time making us bto lovers feel bad >.< then people will be like use stun u faggit and i would be like by the time i get into my op form when i use stun they wouldnt be stunned anymore and i would continue raging at the scrubs in chat QQ.

Bto been treated like shite ever since release QQ Do them good mech do them good QQ
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 11:26 pm

dude, seperating BTO would do it more bad then good, you know no one would play as either anyway, because it doesnt have any binds xD.

ontop of that, making 'partial take over' which can get that double bonus that also gives double disadvantage would make that mean mostly super slow punches that are super strong(not very useful), and 'full take over' which gets buffs from the area depending on the transformation, making it selectively powerful IN those areas.

ryan didnt feel BTO was much of a problem, because to him, it was just another magic, but ive seen past its potential.

TBH, youre lucky im not just being an asshole about it and making you have to defeat every 'beast' to gain it as a take over, so suck it.

what i feel like giving BTO is something that I feel it needs.

anyway, besides that, ATO(animal Take Over) will have many new spells, with abilities tied to specific animals, and different types of bonuses, STO(Satan Take Over) will also have many different types of buffs, based off demons, tbh, the darkness spells arent even a sure thing.

if you want me to do good with this magic, then stfu about me buffing it, or im going to wreck the fuck out of it, which i really dont want to do, the fact is that Elfman MADE BTO a melee based magic, nothing in his spell list is non-melee based, even the manga only spell is relatively melee(bear arm, which allows increased throwing), the only thing i can do is to think of some ideas on my own, and hope they work.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:44 am

Okay Surprised
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:22 pm

anyway, working on the list of spells remaining on my list:

Airspace: Eyes
Animal Possession:
Wolf arm Trans
Rabbit Arm Trans
Turtle Defense Trans
Bear Body Trans
Armadillo Projectile
Bird Flight Trans
Heavenly Body:
Meteor
Sema
Heaven Breakdown
Grand Chariot
Static Ice-Make:
Prison
Knuckle
Ice Geyser
Dynamic Ice-Make:
Snow Dragon
Snow Tiger
Eagle
Diamond Cage
Hedgehog
Tortoise Shell(Lyon's Ice Shield)
Mouse
Solid Script:
Guard
Toxin
Beast Take Over:
WereTiger
Lizardman
Satan Take Over:
Satan Soul
Water: Body
Great Tree Arc: Tower Burst
Iron Dragon Slayer:
Scales
Iron God Sword
Iron Siral
Sky Dragon Slayer: Sky Drill
Lightning Dragon Slayer:
Roar
Heavenward Halberd
Jaw
Breakdown Fist
Roaring Thunder
Poison Dragon Slayer:
Crushing Fang
Twin Fang
Grip Strike
Fang Thrust
Scales
Roar
Sharp Horn
Guard
Spiral Jaw
Toxic Typhoon
Snow:
Blizzard
White Blizzard
White Out
Snow Clone
White Fang
White Fury
Shadow:
Knuckle Shadow
Guard Shadow
Orochi Shadow
Shadow Pull
Shadow Form
Flame God Slayer:
Supper
Explosive Flame
Bellow
Kagutsuchi
Scythe
Cloud
Lightning God Slayer:
Bellow
Sphere
Charged Particle Cannon
Sky God Slayer:
Bellow
Boreas
Dance
Heal
Heavenly Gathering of Clouds
White Dragon Slayer:
Roar
Claw
Punch
Holy Blast
Holy Breath
Holy Nova
White Drive
Holy Ray
Shadow Dragon Slayer:
Roar
Claw
Crushing Fang
Sword
Scales
Slash
Vortex
Eruption
Shadow Drive
Waxwing Flash

------------------------------------------------

now, two things:

1. Thats just the list to catch back up to ryans last version.

2. If it looks like a lot, thats because i havent gotten to 4/7 of the Dragon Slayers, and none of the God Slayers. I didnt include the 'lost magics' in Grimmore Heart, Oracion Seis, and Tartarus, so thats only the majority

-------------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Need any help coming up with ideas QQ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 8:30 pm

im not working on new ideas atm, im just trying to catch up, which reminds me:

OFFICIAL 'CATCH-UP-TO-RYANS-LAST-VERSION' LIST:

Spell Count: Check

Skills: in progress

Magic Count: Working on it.

Mapping: Not even close

Events: got some very borderline base code up and running

Missions: 404 code not found

------------------------------------------------------

im sure theres stuff in the old version that i forgot, but it probably isnt important *tosses some random important thing away*

anyway, once i get through all that, ill be probably be looking for a host/shell server.

THEN ill probably be doing the process of 'shit that i can add for the hell of it', which includes random ideas people have
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 6:55 pm

New Spell/Magic list update Surprised

Animal Possession:
Wolf arm Trans
Rabbit Arm Trans
Bear Body Trans
Bird Flight Trans
Heavenly Body:
Meteor
Sema
Grand Chariot
Dynamic Ice-Make:
Snow Dragon
Diamond Cage
Hedgehog
Mouse
Solid Script:
Guard
Toxin
Beast Take Over:
WereTiger
Lizardman
Satan Take Over: Satan Soul
Iron Dragon Slayer:
Scales
Iron God Sword
Iron Siral
Sky Dragon Slayer: Sky Drill
Lightning Dragon Slayer: Heavenward Halberd
Poison Dragon Slayer:
Crushing Fang
Twin Fang
Grip Strike
Fang Thrust
Scales
Roar
Sharp Horn
Guard
Spiral Jaw
Toxic Typhoon
Snow:
Blizzard
White Blizzard
White Out
Snow Clone
White Fang
White Fury
Shadow:
Knuckle Shadow
Guard Shadow
Orochi Shadow
Shadow Pull
Shadow Form
Flame God Slayer:
Supper
Explosive Flame
Scythe
Cloud
Sky God Slayer:
Bellow
Boreas
Dance
Heal
Heavenly Gathering of Clouds
White Dragon Slayer:
Roar
Claw
Punch
Holy Blast
Holy Breath
Holy Nova
White Drive
Holy Ray
Shadow Dragon Slayer:
Roar
Claw
Crushing Fang
Sword
Scales
Slash
Vortex
Eruption
Shadow Drive
Waxwing Flash

this was mostly done within one-two days, with a day off to spread it out, going to get around to the other spells on that list, i note that the 'turtle defense trans' was removed, but i turned it into a shield spell, im still going to do the trans spell though

I also added the 'Self' spell type to my combat procs, this is like the Target spell, but only effects you, without requiring a target.

Concepting some ideas for BTO/ect, Taijutsu People on naruto games giving me idea...
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:45 am

Why you no ask me for bto ideas QQ?

Also if you make generic spells that you get when you have a certain stat level will help balance Bto so its not like just transformations and the only thing they can do is punch

Btw i think you should change the macro from punch to attack.

i could give a number of generic skill ideas to help out the lesser powerful magics (But just saying generic skills is usable by all magics just not one in particular, but some skills will probably only be learned by a type of magic because of the stat requirements to use them.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 am

punch is remaining in, because im adding in things like kicks, and other verbs that im working on Wink

also, i didnt ask you because i am just drumming up concepts on my own.

again the problem: the character was pretty much just melee, i mean they called him 'Beast Arm Elfman' that should really say something about his style, even if the anime/manga had other beasts, some with abilities to use long range skills, which it doesnt really

Generic Skills: learnable by all, no exceptions, otherwise theyre considered 'magic specific skills' or 'magic type specific skills' (such as starting fires with magic)
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Why have kick verb QQ? why not have the verb Attack and you can preset it so you can either put attack as punch or kick or something like every second attack you make is a kick instead of a punch ^.^?

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 9:18 pm

tbh, i dont see what the point of having an attack verb just so people could have an easier time macroing.

by that, i mostly mean that at the moment theres no point to macro shit, because i havent worked on the macros. and i might decide not to just to piss a bunch of people off.

anyway, kick isnt the only thing im adding, and im making kick separate so i dont have to put some giant bunch of code into one attack to make sure that those kicks dont get the same buffs as punches do all the time(because an arm transformation that buffed melee damage in the past will probably only buff PUNCH damage)
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Hmmm i see Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:43 pm

geh, going to work on the rest of the slayers within the next three days, so ill at least have something on them.

some code bug where the Self code says it cant read the range of the spell, have to figure out where its messing up...
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:47 pm

0-0 you should host game so we can check if there is any other bugs
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:48 pm

you think i wouldnt host games if i had the internet capabilities?
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 11:11 pm

Maybe Razz.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:15 am

well, if i had the kind of internet capabilities where i could be on all the time, everyday, i would, but i dont, i have a set amount of 20 or so gbs every month, and it sux, im going to try and get some better internet out here, but that means i cant host shit worth crap.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 2:30 am

Hmm okay.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 8:31 am

well, added some spells into pds yesterday, including roar, scales, sharp horn, crushing fang, spiral jaw, and fang thrust. Was going to work on shadow and white today, got called into work instead xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Information   Update Information Empty

Back to top Go down

Update Information
Page 1 of 1