BYOND Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYOND Fairy Tail

For the BYOND(Build Your Own Net Dream) game Fairy Tail by Ryan Hemsley

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Make Sure to Check Staff Things for New updates pertaining information on being a member of the FT team~Mech

IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Hey Guys, Mech here, and I have some nice little news for you.

I'm awesome, I just want ya'll to know that, because it's true.

I've recoded this pile twice from scratch, and have been re-iconning everything to fit my new character base sprite, including my new character base sprite, so yeah...

speaking of crap, ive read A LOT of suggestions from the old forums, and ive noticed a couple things, your suggestions were either:

Nerfs to Dark Ecriture Trap/Binds in general, Buffs to random Magics(mostly to give non-dragon slayers something like dragon force) and more missions.

ill be honest, i went and read through most of it, and I'll be honest, if its not getting added, it probably was regarded as stupid, or repetitive
--------------------------------------------------------------
Random update list:

Magics that are in Game:
Airspace
Dark Ecriture
Darkness
Earth
Fairy
Fire(including Rainbow Fire variants)
Hair
Human Possession

Magics that are being worked on:
Memory-Make
Ice-Make
Wood-Make
Light
Heavenly Body
Great Tree Arc
Time Arc
Card
Liquid Ground(variant of Earth Magic)
Animal Possession
Beast Soul Take Over
Satan Soul Take Over
Machine Soul Take Over
Ring
Solid Script

New Guilds Added:
Cait Shelter
Twilight Ogre
Red Lizard
Naked Mummy
Dark Unicorn
Harpuia
Ghoul Spirit
Succubus Eye

(all those guilds getting laws btw)

Random Infromation:

You're All starting Guildless(because i said so)
the Dark Guilds(besides Tartarus) are losing Exclusivity to their 'lost magics'
New HUD customization bells and whistles(like Guild Mark Color and Location)
New HUD bar(Experience)
New NPCS(too many to say)
and other stuff that im sure is getting added as i go, but im too lazy to do anything about it.

Now, I've had literally tons of offers to Host the game, and I'm grateful, but, I'll be honest whenever i say I'm 'Temp hosting' a test server, that just means I'm literally hoping someone comes and join me, so I can test all the crap that requires more then one person to make sure its working right

Now, on another note:

ATTENTION ALL ICONNERS

listen, I can code all day, literally, I can, and i could easily icon this game by myself, but it probably would be done next year, especially with my job in the way pretty much from 9 pm to noon the next day five days a week. so, thats why i need something, anything I can get, tbh, I've been desperate for the last 3 weeks, and I've moved on that, so, anyway, IF you guys want to/have the ability to icon something for me, most of what i need is Magics, now that being said what i really need right now are icons for any of the Following Magics:

Lightning
Sand
Shadow
Snow
Water(juvias thing)
Wind
Gun
Embodiment Arc
Gravity
Maguilty Sense
Sound
any of the current Dragon Slayers(Fire, Lightning, Sky, Iron, Poison, Shadow, White)
any of the current God Slayers(Flame, Lightning, Sky)

EDIT: I may as well note here that I am also looking for any building/turfs/scenery objects(trees, rocks, signs, ect.) that also fit this profile

Now, with that little tidbit out of the way, heres some things:

My Character base is 40x40 pixels, not 32x32, that means that theres more space for the spells, you should use this, because otherwise i might edit the crap outta your spells

since i dont expect this, nor do I expect to be asked for the states, you don't have to do any spells that are based around said figure(like any punch spells, or any spells that surround the body)

Now then, finally: if you have these kinds of icons for me, then you can easily email them to me, i check my email every day, and actually will be adding this forum to my daily check list, so, yeah.

GMAIL: mechzombieedp@gmail.com
YAHOO: Mechelen65221@yahoo.com

just put the magics name, 'Fairy Tail' or 'Icons for Mech' in the title, and I'll check them out

Now then, why would you help me out?

Well, thats relevantly easy, everyone who submits ten or more spell images will get one Month of subscriber bonusness for free(what subscriberness will get will be finished later, but will be good, i assure you)

and, you know what? Ill stack it up. EVERY ten spell images will get a Month of subscriberness, so if you were to submit 120 spell images, you'd get a year of subscriber bonus.

and Ill throw something else into the bonus, you submit 50? I'll put you on a list of Temp Mods(whether you work out from there depends, but you'll automatically be a temporary moderator)

UPDATE: You want more? Submit 100+ and I will make your own God/Dragon/Devil Magic (your choice) and code it in the game, just for you.

SMALL NOTE: I'm only counting icons that i USE for the game, so if i dont use it, iprobably wont count your submissions

so there, Mech's lost his mind, take advantage of it before i decide to kill all of you instead

Last edited by Admin on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://byondfairytail.rpg-board.net
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:28 am

*Buff BTO buff it make it op pls. Buff bto it deserves a lot more than what it was given >.<.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:29 am

Love bto <3.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:45 pm

dont worry, BTO is going to be way better then it was, especially with those extra icon states ryan never had/used
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:48 pm

Hey guys, little bit of an update, because I dont want you all to make the same shit.

also, Ill be honest, I'm only counting spells that i recognize from the anime/manga/game, and the ones that i will put towards the 'super bonus' counts, so heres the current list of people who gave stuff, what they gave, and how many images im currently using:

Whos worked on what?:
Time Arc(Sidhe)
Great Tree Arc(Catamount?(dont remember full username, im sure ill look it back up in a day or two.)
Card(Sidhe)
Heavenly Body(Abuzak)
Memory-Make(me)
Ice-Make(me)
Wood-Make(me)
Light(me)
Liquid Ground(me)
Animal Possession(me)
Beast Soul Take Over(me)
Satan Soul Take Over(me)
Machine Soul Take Over(me)
Ring(me)
Solid Script(me)
--------------------------

Tally of images being used from people:
Sidhe: 14
Abuzak: None at the moment
Catamount: 3
Mech: You don't want to know.

so, if you put up that count currently, Sidhe is going to Receive 1 Month of Subscriber bonus, Catamount isnt receiving anything at the moment, but will if he submits 7 more images, Abuzak isn't currently receiving anything, but also will when he submits some stuff. I am the owner, so i get w/e I feel like being un-lazy enough to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, moving on...

so, you've probably been wondering 'what the hell is mech even doing?'

Well, I'll be honest, nothing at all...if you don't count working in Skills, Passives, and Stat/Level Gains

'so is anything new with (insert skill that was in previous verison)?'

the answer is, depends, and I'll explain what I've done to each one now:

Swimming:
so, one of the biggest problems in the game(if you don't think this was a problem, thats because you were abusing it, hardcore.) was that at 100 swimming, you could ram yourself against a dense object, at swim afk for hours.
So, I made it so, even at 100, you still take 1 drain to your stamina, and only your stamina, when you run out, you pass out, certain magics still won't drown, but, they all will pass out.

FireMaking:
Added the ability to make fire without wood, but it requires a Passive that is exclusive to certain magics(mentioned later, but it should really be obvious which magics can do this)

Fishing:
Added a LOT more fish, Freshwater, and Saltwater(thats right, theres an ocean, and theres much more dangerous fish in there Wink) and made it more random, and not based on skill level for which fish you caught.

Cooking:
Not much to change, except i didnt draw any icons for cooked/burnt versions(previously i did, and then i realized i could fix that with like 5 lines of code)

WoodCutting:
Haven't worked on it yet, will come around to it when i get to iconning a tree

New Skills:::

Mining:
a new resource gathering skill, this allows you to obtain Metal Ores, Raw Lacrima Crystal, Stone(can be used for building crap), and Coal(can also be used for fires)

Smithing:
this requires materials gained from mining, you take the ores to furnaces, to make ingots, and then take the ingots, and make them into items on an Anvil

Lacrima Crafting:
although it hasnt been worked on, heres the concept, you take the raw lacrima from mining, turn it into lacrima orbs, then infuse magic into those to make elemental lacrimas(these can then be taken back to anvil with a weapon/armor piece and used to make magic weapons/armor)

Alchemy:
a sort of resource gathering/resource use skill, you can pick things like flowers, roots, or weird animal parts, mix them together in a mortar with a pestle to make potions, poisons and etc.

Hunting:
another sort of 'resource gathering' skill, that more or less works like this: Hunting works towards animals, you kill an Animal and skin it up for resources, the amount of useable resources you get depends on your skill, and if your hunting skill is high enough, you can even obtain an Animal Companion of sorts(exceeds included, dragons are not)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moving onto Passives, in ryan's version he only had lost magic passives, and Guild passives.

of course I'm going to add more, because i can, and I'm continuously awesome

so what all are in passives?

well, this is the current list of passives, in no particular order, and im not telling you what they do, or if theyre magic specific

so here we go:

FireStarter
Earth Phasing
Change Hair Style
Water Absorb
Jutsu Shiki
Fairy Wings
Stone Eyes
Figure Eyes
Natural Swimmer
Natural Miner
Natural Fisher
Natural Cook
Natural Smith
Freeze
Create Wood
Heavens Eye
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Random Update Progress:

so, finishing up some of the iconning while I sit on a slightly smaller pile of code that needs to eventually get done...

Finished Magics(that is, all spells from anime/manga/games iconned and coded):

Card
Hair

Magics missing some spells which types havent been coded yet:

Earth(Large Shields)
Dark Ecriture(Transformations)
Fairy(Transformations)
Airspace(Buffs)
Arc of Time(Large Shields)
Light(Transformations)

Magics that are mostly just missing icons:

Fire
Darkness
Great Tree Arc
Human Posession

Magics that have very little work even done to them:
Ice-Make
Wood-Make
Memory-Make
Solid Script
Heavenly Body

Random things I've managed to code in during the meantime:
Smithing/Smelting
Mining
FireMaking
Fishing
Lacrima Crafting
Swmming
Stat Gains(Strength, Willpower, Agility, Endurance, Intelligence, Vitality, Luck)
Skill Gains
Skill Passives(Natural Miner, Natural Smith, Natural Fisher, Natural Swimmer, Natural Lacrima Crafter, etc.)
Specific Magic Passives(FireStarter, Earth Phasing, Jutsu Shiki, Fairy Wings, Change Hair Style, Freeze, Make Wood, Forget, Memorize, Wood Merge, Elemental Immunity, etc.)
Starting General Passives(Stone Eyes, Figure Eyes, etc.)
Spell Gains
Spell Types(Shields, projectiles, Beam, Mulitple Projectiles, Multiple Beams, Big Projectiles, Target, Landmines, Projectile Are of Effects, Mass Projectiles, All Mob Area of Effects, Field Area of Effects, Melee, etc.)

anyway, just updating

Special random thanks currently to:

Sidhe(icons: 14)
Catamount(icons: 3)
Muix(although i decided not to use them, i still appreciate the effort, sorry but those colors made my eyes bleed a little...)
Mech(current icon count: 132(and thats just spells, you dont want me to include items and hud stuff xD))
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 am

No thanks to me D:? I did a lot of work to U.U.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 6:44 pm

that was just counting icons Surprised i dont have any icons from you

(although i forgot to mention the couple icons ive 'borrowed' off of mei's stuff)
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 7:21 pm

I made icons you just didnt want them cause they werent from the anime QQ.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 7:28 am

which reminds me, for thos of you who still want to submit something, but dont know which magics havent been obliterated by someone(mostly me)

the list above on that first post here HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED YET

i received one pack of images on that list, and they made my eyes bleed(sorry muix, but they did)

however, Im adding something to the prizes for iconning, So you may wish to check it out ABOVE
Back to top Go down
Xavier Valentine

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Prizes for iconning. Oh the humanity pale
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 6:34 pm

yeah, horrifying indeed, its questionable whether or not ive actually lost my mind, or if ive tapped somehow into an alternate universe version of myself due to being in a psych ward bouncing off the walls *checks mentality* nope neither of those things, damn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT Empty

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT
Page 1 of 1