BYOND Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYOND Fairy Tail

For the BYOND(Build Your Own Net Dream) game Fairy Tail by Ryan Hemsley

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Make Sure to Check Staff Things for New updates pertaining information on being a member of the FT team~Mech

Whats Left is all

Go down 
+4
Zeref
Guts
Ghost of ET
Admin
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Whats Left is all - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:18 pm

another day, and the raw map is complete, going to work on adding rivers and mountains, then im going to make trees and then put in forests, and then i have the laborious task of adding cities

so next two days off, ill probably be able to get everything but the cities in.

although i dont have everything id like, ill probably start looking for a host for fairy tail as soon as i get the map done and finish a little 'fine tuning' code for spawn points and what not, and then ill run the 'downgraded revamp' update, after that ill be working on code pretty much everyday and trying to make sure once a week or so i update the game's source with w/e ive added.
Back to top Go down
https://byondfairytail.rpg-board.net
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 pm

K enjoy your time off Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:15 pm

well, Today the Manga Updated, Igneel Died, and Zeref turned Mard into a book and incinerated him....

so, yeah, Thorn Curse added to my list of curses that i can add to whatever i want to

with that on this list:
Thorn Curse
Sensation Curse/Reinforcement Curse(Enhancement)
Tenga Goken
Necromancer

------------------
yeah, thorn curse and tenga goken are the only ones i enjoy thinking about on that list....so, yeah....anyway, still working on the map : )
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:31 pm

Should let me work on it >_>.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:29 am

anyway, noticed a couple things while doing a tad bit more research on curses:
1. Curses rely on Curse Power, this may be something ill add seperate to the Magic Power Bar on the hud for those who have curses
2. it seems that somehow the Books of Zeref are related, and are what 'summon' the beings into existence or some bullcrap....i probably will make book items to grant specific curses if i feel like being a douche
3. Zeref seems to be able to revert the demons of his books into their book form, this would make him uber op against anyone with one of these curses. probably another reason some people dont want that in the game >.>

anyway, so i just kind of took the last two days 'off' i added some thorn curse spells, and smehow my Charge spell proc got broken again, still figuring ut why its not removing the overlay....(only proc that does it.........)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 5:56 pm

so, yeah, the now Broken again code for Charge Spells is irritating the crapballs out of me and i cant figure out why its being an ass....

so, Im going to finish trying to fix that with all my coding knowledge combined....and im going to continue to work on the map, that ive been putting off doing....

meanwhile, I also will do a bit of 'fine tune' coding that ive overlooked since now, like the rest of the spell gain specifics that ive been putting off, Gaining your second magic... More passives.... Events.... and then by the time i actually get the game running blowing out my skull and reviving my lifeless corpse into the zombie im sure ill be
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:00 pm

so, I ran a little 'server' texst' on my laptop just now(1/9/15 2:30ish pm est), and it went about as well for the process as i thought, about three or so more bugs showed themselves, and I remembered that i hate myself....

So my current 'To Do' list for the Update to be released:
1. Mountains and Rivers
2. Cities
3. Shopping System
4. Equipping Items w/o Requip
5. Clothing
6. Hair Styles(possibly not important atm)
7. fix 'melee/charge' overlay code bugs
8. fix HUD bugs
9. fix event spawnings
10. Spell Gain Systems
11. Passives and Passive gains
12. Rank systems and Second Magic Gains
------------------------

now, and this is temporary, but I think until I get the bugs worked out, I'm taking Tenchi Kaimei off the list of Curses available to the Tartarus Guild Master.(along with the ones with no spells, as itd be redundant(this includes Necromancer, Macro, Bomb Curse, Calamity Curse, and Absorption Curse)

ill also be providing a more 'in-depth guide to many things in the game later in the week(sometime round Tuesday-Wednesday) so you understand whats been changed, added, and removed. anyway, thats all for today, sorry to all who didnt wind up helping me test :p

oh, yknow what, i forgot to check something, oh well >.> ill check it later.
Back to top Go down
Zeref

Zeref

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 6:49 pm

It was only up for few minutes but the game was really fun! I really like how everything was changed into better.

It's kind of sad to other ppl who didint join.. but i can tell you that using the skills in-game was fun as hell! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 7:31 pm

so, since i cant figure out my code issues, i decided to post on byond. going to work on the other stuff on my todo list while i wait a response
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:16 pm

coded in shopping system, works like a dream, well, atleast from visual aspect, had to make sure normal npcs arent randomly holding a 'weapon' with a price of 0,  going to go kill some npcs, and report back if the verb fully works through an edit on this post

Edit: so.......im a retard......
why? well, i tried doing what byond forums suggested, and it still wasnt exactly working, so i did some background checking into the code.

see , when a Projectile type object is created, it will auto despawn 2 seconds later(be deleted), well that was the plan atleast, turns out, the Charge proc takes longer then that to run. so, by the time it gets to removing the overlay, theres no reference to find to be able to remove it, basically removing nothing. I solved this by adding in a different 'New' proc onto a new obj type created by the Beam spells(this obj type is the temporary 'trail' that follows the head of the beam) seems to work now.

I also fixed the 'Damage' proc so that src.HUD() isnt called unless you have a client, i also think i made it so it only effects your client screen(not confirmed yet), should make it run better now though, going back to testing the shops Surprised
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:19 am

To-Do List:
1. Mountains and Rivers
2. Cities
3. Shopping System
5. Clothing
8. fix HUD bugs
9. fix event spawnings
10. Spell Gain Systems

just marking off the things i can confirm with myself, ill check hud bugs when i can.
I also added some more items, mostly i worked on some Lacrimas, and some Totems, although the Totems dont do shit atm, and the new Lacrimas are really not important, Ill find something for them to do by the time the update gets its next update xD, nah i dont know whall happen with these guys just yet >.>

anyway, so work today, then i might as well...work on fixing event Spawnings and/or Passives and Passive Gains, or the Map
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 3:29 am

Can't wait to see the cities Cool.
Back to top Go down
Koji

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Cant wait till its back online......
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:49 pm

well, i have two days off after today, so ill be able to focus a bit more towards finishing my todo list
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:00 pm

To-Do List:
1. Mountains and Rivers
2. Cities
3. Shopping System
5. Clothing
8. fix HUD bugs
9. fix event spawnings
10. Spell Gain Systems

so, it was a bit of a bitch, but i added the ability to equip items without requip, including weapons, armor, and clothes. I also added two new variations of Merchants, including Female and Male Clothing sellers, sothats cool, havent ran into one...so...
anyway, other then that, theres been a small pain in my ass that has taken the form of the event mobs spawning not spawning, right now im just trying to get the damn bandits to spawn, it seems not to run pass the point of 'mobs going into the list TO BE spawned. so.....yeah, not going well. And as usual, BYOND has nothing of what i could be looking for, because basically im writing code that no one tries...or code thats been tried and no one bothered to say its impossible, if i continue to poke at the code, ill either succeed, or ill ask byond, which im sure will be suuuuper successful xD

EDIT: so, there was a minor bug with the initial code i made for equipping, but i fixed it, and added the capability to change the color of any clothing you have, ive also gone ahead and added the clothing an npc wears into its inventory, so its possible drops, atm you can kill merchants and other 'profession' npcs, however only the merchants have any other items besides their clothes. pretty easy to tell what type of merchant when you use the 'shop' verb, they will tell you their name, and a little line saying what they might sell. still working on event spawns :/
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:35 am

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

Sarcasm aside have you tried talking directly to some programmers????
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:41 am

by the way, just so you know how it works, when you change the color of the clothing object you have, it basically makes a new type of the same object, which is base at black, and adds the color to it, then adds that item to your inventory, and deletes the old one, so dont worry about trying to fix the color.

im going to work on the clothing, event spawns, and passives within the next 24 hrs
Back to top Go down
Guts

Guts

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Any chance that we might get another try at the game soon? I missed it when it got hosted a couple of days ago.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:28 pm

maybe, but chances are that next hosting the game will be up Surprised

and even more chances that i still dont know when thatll be.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 7:19 pm

so, I was working on Passives, most of them are other magics with no spells that i cant think of much for, i also added in the ability to gain a second magic, this mode is currently temporary but is currently at level 20.

adding the new passives to the guide list

oh, btw, i added in Demons Eye to the Starting Passives, which doesnt do much atm, but it looks good, as the right eye stays shut unless you activate Demons eye. (it is also how you know you have this passive when you start)
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 12:51 am

Mech what happens if we have a super legendary loli outfit and gives x1.5 in all stats per color change until you log out and we change color of our clothes and it deletes and remakes the legendary loli outfit will it be able to keep the x1.5 from previous ones since it was deleted =(?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 8:15 am

if there was any equipment like that, i could code in exceptions to allow for the equipment to stack its gains everytime it changed, but thered be an issue with the whole 'until you log out', which would cause bugs, so it would probably be more like a limiter, or a temporary variable, one that wouldmnt write or read when you logged in/out.

anyway... i coded in Demons Eye, Heavens Eye, and some of the other passives, while demons eye and heavens eye, much like the others dont entirely do shit atm, im working on it.

Curse Magic: this magic allows you to break bones, so i gave it a Bone Breaking spell, i made this a melee-esc spell, but havent coded in the effects like bone breaking. this would more or less slow an enemy down and/or reduce their punching/kicking speed/power

Sleep Magic: this will, at the moment, grant a 'target' spell that will put the enemy to sleep.

Charm Magic: much like sleep, except with the charmed status

now, ill continue to work on the exact effects of all the passives im coding in, as well as other effects(such as elemental, and other bonus damage) when i get home from work over the next five days.

ill also CONSIDER Passive ideas posted from other people, but theres not 100% chance ill accept the idea, and integrate it
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 10:09 pm

K okay okay k okay okay!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:30 pm

anyway, speaking of Passives, while im fixing Ring Magic, i decided to mention this.

Pimp Fingers and You:
so, Pimp Fingers, if you read the game guide, it describes the passive as: This Seems to allow a certain type of magic to wear many rings, one on each finger(thumb not included).

Now, if you've been paying attention to anything ive said in the past, you know this certain type of magic is the Holder Magic known as Ring Magic. This is because up to now they have been the only ones able to wear rings, and gain spells from them.

that is until i decided to be bored. Now Pimp Fingers lets you wear a ring on each finger, thats 8, which seems to be the exact number of rings ring magic lets you wear, but why would i have this if i didnt intend to make rings equippable otherwise? well thats a good question, and not important, because that is my plan, to add in capability to wear things other then armor and weapons that have magic effects.

so, first off, hold your horses, Non-Ring Mages will only be able to wear two rings, and will get even less spells then ring mages.

secondly, im also adding another thing in which isnt tied to a magic, this would be an amulet(note Totems/Holy Symbols take up this same slot), now Totems will give you some animal based buff, the holy symbols will give you some divine buff/ability, and the amulets will have a lacrima slot for some magical abilities/passives

oh, while im on the subject, i added the capability to make Sleep and Charm Lacrimas if you have those Passive Magics(i also made sure to at least test the lacrima crafting), so thats good....
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Yessss. Can we have a ring that increase melee damage every time we punch by 1.5%??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats Left is all
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BYOND Fairy Tail :: Game news & other game things :: Updates-
Jump to: