BYOND Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYOND Fairy Tail

For the BYOND(Build Your Own Net Dream) game Fairy Tail by Ryan Hemsley

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Make Sure to Check Staff Things for New updates pertaining information on being a member of the FT team~Mech

Whats Left is all

Go down 
+4
Zeref
Guts
Ghost of ET
Admin
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kurei

Kurei

Whats Left is all - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:29 am

"Force Ring" or something? XD

Super-Loli outfit too op btw.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 8:50 am

im working on some more ring aspects as i work, trying to add in some of the lacrimas ive added into equipment. also working on the amulets, most of these rings, when worn by a non-ring mage will give a spell or two, maybe some kind of 'passive' ability tied to the ring type, but these will be minor, since a non-ring mage wouldnt be able to tap into the full potential of the rings(much like requip and weapons/armor)

now, the exacts are kind of blurry, as i just woke up, and dont remember 90% of what im doing....but i do recall that there are at least 3 new lacrima types that are joining the party with those other ones.
for those of you who dont know what lacrimas are in, and have modifications to most items, heres a list:
Fire
Earth
Water
Wind
Light
Dark
Lightning
Poison
Metal
Wood
Ice
Explosive
Ecriture
Sleep
Charm
Speed
--------------------------
now, i cant specify what lacrimas im adding exactly, but I can tell you one may be off of one of those formally Lost Magics OS had(it probably should be obvious which ones it isnt of that group), one is due to a certain Ite i showed you before, and will be based upon messing with others minds, and a third one will be in cognition with a MSP that has something to do with Souls...
Back to top Go down
https://byondfairytail.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 10:32 pm

so, two things

one: Manga chapter 415 gave me an aneurism, and i slightly wanted to kill everything because of it(i wont spoil the exact details if you havent read it)

two: Ive...fixed any holes in the code resulting from being unable to craft certain magic items that i was making available. Now the only thing left for that is to make the soul siphon overlay for Swords.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:07 am

*forgets what he does about once every half hour or so...*

so, while i kind of forget what im supposed to do every now and then, its more or less i just dont always want to do what is on my to do list, so i coded three or so new spells for Fairy, and am working on some other stuff here and there

anyway, im going to start adding abilities to the amulets and the rings for non-ring mages.

i also remembered not all the sword enhancement equipped icon overlays are done yet....so im slowly finishing them.

still no exact word wth im going to do with the dragons that....confuse the crap out of me....not to mention the dragon slayers...i think ill just let the rest of the tartarus arc play out for a moment, maybe even let the next arc begin before i make any decisions about that stuff....

i guess i can also add in rank systems, so that i can check another thing off my to do list.

basically the rank system will be:
E-Class Mage
D-Class Mage
C-Class Mage
B-Class Mage
A-Class Mage
S-Class Mage
Guild Master

any custom 'rank titles' will probably be controlled by a special npc that will take into consideration your magics, number of times you completed certain quests, and amounts of certain things you have done. more details on that as i get bored.

EDIT: so, ive gotten completely tired of trying to figure out the mob spawning for events, so yeah, byond has another post on its forums from me. ill see if anyone has any ideas.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:11 am

so, added in some more passives, ill detail wth im doing as i go at this point, but basically all the take over magics have a possibility to have a 'soul' passive, these will be doubly effective, as they will prevent someone with figure eyes from seeing you if you are invisible, they also all give some buff through trans

Passives Added:
Beast Fangs
Beast Soul
Animal Soul
Satan Soul
Back to top Go down
Guts

Guts

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Admin wrote:
any custom 'rank titles' will probably be controlled by a special npc that will take into consideration your magics, number of times you completed certain quests, and amounts of certain things you have done. more details on that as i get bored.

Could we have a bit more details on this?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 1:26 pm

theres some more details on my guide already, but basically, this is how the soul passives work for trans spells:
say i have beast soul, and bto, i use a body take over (ex: Weretiger), and an arm take over(ex: Iron Bull Arm).

now...lets say my Stats are all 100, base melee damage would be about 20. 20x2 from weretiger, x2 from iron bull x1.4 from the two take overs stacking on from beast soul, and you basically have somewhere around 83 damage per hit. this would probably also drain more magic and stamina.

now, as far as beast fangs, mental details are fuzzy, but weretiger will probably inducea bleed effect, lizardman will have a sort of shredding effect, and the arms will probably take effects as i make them up.

the only 'soul' passives i dont have any exact details for are Etherious Soul, Celestial Spirit Soul, and Soulless
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:35 pm

YESSSSSS :DDDDD.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 11:29 pm

Guts wrote:
Admin wrote:

Could we have a bit more details on this?

oh, osrry, kind of read the question on my 3ds, didnt see this xD

well basically like this:

Custom Rank Title NPC:
so, basically, this will be a special npc that will be kind of separate from the Professionals, one will be in each city.

when you talk to this npc, they can give you a custom rank title, but probably for Some Kind of Price, and also will only give you te option if you are someone of a certain Notable Rank.

now, when you do get to choosing your title, theres a couple things that im sure i can easily put into consideration using one method or another:

Magics/Curse
certain Passives
Number of times you Completed Certain Quests
amounts of certain types of npcs youve killed
and other misc. things that i havent thought of yet.

now. Lets have an example, shall we?

say I talk to this NPC, Im badass, so I assume i already have the rank and cash to exchange for a title.
I have Beast Take Over and Ring as my magics.
I have Palm Magic and Demons Eye in my Passives(again example, i probably have some other passives but idk)
I have killed 1000 Bandits over the course of my character

The NPC then gives me the following options:

Normal Rank Title(this would be w/e rank title applies to you, in case you want to go back to normal)
Beast Arm
Drunk Falcon
Bandit Killer

now i dont have a whole lot of title ideas, and im sure ill make them up as i go. but thats about it for details

while im still up, i might also want to mention that the Soul Passives stackiness applies itself to Attack/Movement Speed for Animal Soul, Spell Damage for Satan Soul, Defense for Machine Soul, and Luck for Human Soul.

this basically grants each of them an interesting twist to combat, as each of these souls have different bonuses. also, you cannot have more then one of the souls at once, so if you gain Animal Soul from Animal Take Over, and then gain Beast Take Over, if there is the chance that you would gain Beast Soul, you would not gain it most likely.

anyway, ive lost my sanity a bit, and cant think clearly, going off now xD
Back to top Go down
Guts

Guts

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Sounds good, can't wait to try it in-game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 11:59 pm

working on the lizardman due to brain farting overall today. ill end up coding rank gains by the end of the day if i dont end up losing my mind by then
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:36 pm

added basic ranks D, C, B, and A, theyre currently set to the same levels they were(5, 10, 20, 40), but i might mod that later

I also added custom title, and the Rankmaster NPC, this is the only npc that currently cannot move at all.

currently, you cannot gain a Custom Title unless you are atleast level 20, and have 200 jewells.

there are the base rank class Mage(B and A) for the appropriate level, Ill make S-Class Available as i progress, but I made Guildmaster available, Magic Council Chairman(me), and titles for several magics, curses, and passives. ATM, it announces that the rankmaster recognizes your new Title. This should not effect any verbs you can use a guildmaster, but im unsure

I also fixed any iconnical errors with all The Beast Take Over Arms(i didnt finish their icons), along with Animal Take Over Wings. I also worked on Lizardman, and the male is now coded in as a mob, although it has no drops, it does have a legendary version already, the normal version is the pale-dark green with darkish 'flesh' underbelly, and midnight blue 'spikes', the legendary is black, uber dark purple, and midnight blue, with a light underbelly, and off yellow spikes. Ill show images as i continue to progress.

also, as its pointless reaches me, i may remove the 'half-fish' spell from Animal Take Over(since it would make you useless on land, and only buff swim speed, and prevent drowning)

also, deciding on some new BTO spells, including:
A Limb transformation based off Weretiger that enhances speed and kick/punch buff
a Full Body Trans based off Iron Bull, Black Bull, Stone Bull, and Bear Arm
a Head, or Full body Trans based off Charging into an enemy using the run state.
some kind of 'long ranged' arm and or body trans.

this would bring BTO from 7 spells to up to 13, not counting 'Beast Soul' its final trans, and most powerful spell. details on how im doing that later

oh, that reminds me:

1. Mountains and Rivers
2. Cities
3. Shopping System
4. Equipping Items w/o Requip
5. Clothing
6. Hair Styles(possibly not important atm)
7. fix 'melee/charge' overlay code bugs
8. fix HUD bugs
9. fix event spawnings
10. Spell Gain Systems
11. Passives and Passive gains
12. Rank systems and Second Magic Gains

now, ive been looking over this list constantly, and ive realized that i will never be done with Passives, or atleast not for a while, however i will try and make the ones ive put in useful before i remove it from my list. and since there has been little/absolutely no help on code to help with event spawnings, i have given up, and resided that to 'wont make it into the game' however, before im done with the game i will atleast put in the non-mob based events in(such as Guild War, FFA, LMS, & Tournaments)

slowly working on clothing/last things with sword enhancements, and hair styles. even slower working on spell gains, kind of put off mapping xD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:22 am

so, i finished most of the custom titles, ill probably add more as i go, but basically all of the curses have a title, the Magic Council Chairs and the Wizard Saints all have custom titles, then i have a long list of random magic/passive based titles including:
Beast Arm(BTO)
Black Snake(Mimic)
Hoteye(Heavens Eye)
Cobra(Poisoin Dragon Slayer)
Salamander(Fire Dragon Slayer)
Black Steel(Iron Dragon Slayer)
Absolute Zero(Ice Devil Slayer)
The Demon(STO)
The Drunk Falcon(Palm Magic)
Titania(Requip)
The Great Fire
The Great Earth
The Great Wind
The Great Sea
Time Mage(Arc of Time)
Iron Rock(Earth)
Grim Reaper
and More

now, most of these, i got off of aliases from characters in the series, if you find some i may have missed(pretty much all the magics i have in game i looked over the users of....) or ideas for others per magic/passive/other requirement then, by all means suggest away
Back to top Go down
Zeref

Zeref

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:06 am

Great work!
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:42 am

They call me Grim Reaper
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:13 pm

yeah, anyway, as i try not to lose consciousness today, ill be coding some more stuff in.

most of my current iconning is going to be the Lizardman, clothing, and sword enhancements.

anyway, the other day, i think i coded in elemental immunity/spell damage effects, but im unsure(tbh i lost most of my mind to this game trying to remember what ive done w/o going back to my laptop)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 9:18 am

so yesterday in spite of me remembering i have a to-do list full of crap, i fixed the Magic Council and Wizard Saint Rankings, so that its more compact and wont let you be more then one slot. I also made it so if i make a character, it automatically is the Magic Council Chairman(slot 1), even though i kept the 1st slot available in the verb.

I also Added a Curse Power Bar to the HUD, this will only appear if you have a curse.

Oh, And i also downed the starting passives to be randomish, plus added some description to some of the magics, their starting spell, and the starting/magic specific passives in te first magic proc.(ill work on the second one later >.>). and i downed the 'natural' Starting passives to only giving 25, instead of 99. Theres a 1/4 chance of getting any of the Natural Passives(Natural cook, natural swimmer, ect.), and a 1/100 of getting Possessed as a Starting Passive.(note i didnt specifically say you can only get one of these, wink wink), however currently being Possessed doesn't give you anything.

so, basically:
Added Curse Power Bar to HUD
Fixed Wizard Saint and Magic Council Promotion verbs.
Added Descriptions for Primary Magics, Passives and Starting Spells.

more shit today as i remember/decide to do it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 1:27 pm

so, to recap my workings:

made it so Curse Power is drained from using spells from the curses.

I also fixed a bug where it registers learning a spell multiple times(this is  mostly for the description addition)

finally, ive fixed all of the arm transes and most of the body transes that i iconned before i finished the base.

now then. on that note the next 61 hours ill be working on spell gains, and descriptions for everything. Im also going to comprise a list for after this update containing magics/spells i still havent done.

if i get spell gains done quickly, ill work on clothing/weapons shit, and the Lizard people.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Mech i wanted to point out that Lizard arm increases punch speed already QQ.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 8:59 pm

im guessing your pointing this out for a reason?
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:13 pm

You said in one of your updates you were planning on giving bto a arm that increases speed, attack speed and attack damage O-O. Giving them that arm would make lizard arm redundant (Kind of like how the black bull and iron bull was kind of redundant because of stone bull)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 3:51 am

all the limbs transformations are technically redundant, i mean, sure the bull arms are cool, but ultimately useless once you obtain weretiger, same with reptile arm.

also, i believe i said 'a limb transformation' that doesnt exactly limit itself to the arms. but idr anyway, sleepish time

Current To-Do List:
1. Spell Gains Systems, Magic and Spell Descriptions
2. Clothing, sword enhancement equipped icons, & projectile weapons 'thrown' icon
3. Passives, Passive Gains, and Passive Abiltieis.
4. Rank Requiremnets(this applies to GM, WS, and MC mostly, but ill probably make tweaks to the system overall.
5. general fixes to the game including:
spell image vaporizing.
movement
punch/kick speed
'busy' multitasking
6. Finish Map
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 9:27 am

well, i managed to finish the magic descriptions, and the icons for the kunais and shurikens being thrown.

I also added in at least 2 new spells:

Sand Shuriken Barrage
Shadow Shuriken

the first is a mass projectile attack fropm the sand lot of spells, the second is a low level projectile for shadow. basically just filling in some holes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:10 pm

so, anyway...I also should mention that im coding throw for the Kunais, Shurikens, and other weapons i add. However, throw will not be coded for mobs atm, since grab is buggy.

ill look into fixing it.

also going to fix npc drops including the Lizardman, which has no drops atm.

I also removed Possessed from the 'Level Gain' Passives. You can only obtain this Passive as a Starting Passive, or from another player/npc.

NPCs with this power may include Devils, Gods, and Dragons.

speaking of which, I have to talk about Dragon Force later.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:32 pm

So, Dragon Force:

so, on the wiki, it describes Dragon Force Working like this:
Dragon Force greatly increases the damage done by standard Dragon Slayer spells, and grants the user access to more advanced, powerful attacks.[4] It also drastically enhances the user's physical prowess, making them far stronger, more resistant to damage, and faster,[5] and considerably boosts their Magic Power, which becomes visible, taking the appearance of a Dragon.

First Generation Dragon Slayers, those who have been taught their Magic by a real Dragon, certain conditions must be met in order to enter Dragon Force: the only one known so far would be to eat substances with powerful Magical properties, preferably those somehow related to the element they can control and consume; while other, unrelated substances can be eaten as well, these have been described as being similar to "poison" for the user, causing heavy after effects, such as pain on activation and extreme exhaustion after use.

Third Generation Dragon Slayers, those who have not only been taught by a Dragon but also have Dragon Lacrima implanted into their body, are capable of freely entering Dragon Force. However, the appearance of their Dragon Force is slightly different from the previous generations, for instead of actual scales, a scale-like design appears on their face and body.

It appears that 2nd generation has been left out of access to this ability.

now, in Ryans version of the game, it was pretty much like this:
unlock at 100 all stats
3rd Gen: lowest Buff, under 75% hp left required to activate
2nd Gen: Medium buff, under 50% hp left required to activate
1st Gen: highest buff, under 25% hp left required to activate

Now then, i do have a solution of course.
I plan to lean a bit towards the anime/manga, of course, because this is me, but hear me out, now none of these are final ideas, but they are my suggestion towards the issues at hand. What issues you may ask, well unfortunately this is the issue:

The Three Sides to the Dragon Force Arguement:
1. Buff DF, and give all DS's Drives as well(pro-Dragon slayer users)
2. Debuff DF('normal' magic users)
3. Give God Slayers, and subsequently Devil Slayers an ability equal to DF and Drives(Pro-God Slayer users)
now, I havebeen balancing these three oiptions in my mind for a while, trying to help Ryan make the game better, mostly because I was just trying to make the game better, now Ive been all for trying to improve God Slayers, since they were/are still kind of weak as shit. That being said, I'm trying to create a more realistic balance between all systems.

so. heres my Thoughts:
Starting Magics(first Magic): If you get Dragon Slayer, you will be First Generation
First generation: Will have to unlock the Dragon Force ability through some method, this method is currently undecided as of yet.
Dragon Slayers will be removed from the random second magics.
Dragons will drop have a chance to drop a 'dragon Slayer lacrima' of their type.
if you eat one of these lacrimas:
if you are a DS, and the lacrima is the same type: You will become a 3rd Gen DS
if you are a DS and it is a different type: either nothing, or you will be a 1st gen on the 1st type, and 2nd gen on the second type
if you are not a DS: you will become a Second Generation DS of that type on your second magic.
2nd Generation will not recieve the Dragon Force verb, but will get a perm boost to their stats, which may be lower or higher then 3rd generation
3rd generation will be able to activate Dragon Force, with a respected cooldown, whenever they want to after they obtain the skill.

these rules will also apply to God Slayers and Devil Slayers, when and if i apply Generations, and some relative ability to Dragon Force to these Slayers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats Left is all   Whats Left is all - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats Left is all
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BYOND Fairy Tail :: Game news & other game things :: Updates-
Jump to: